lip discoloration

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

lip discoloration

in my younger days, used to smoke a lot. through the course of all that smoking i think i may have burned my lip a time or two. the very center part of my bottom lip is pink. i do believe i may have burned the pigm ent in that area of my lip. someone please help me. what should i do? i tried permanent make-up but, it stay for 2 days then disappear. help me.
in my younger days, used to smoke a lot. through the course of all that smoking i think i may have burned my lip a time or two. the very center part of my bottom lip is pink. i do believe i may have burned the pigm ent in that area of my lip. someone please help me. what should i do? i tried permanent make-up but, it stay for 2 days then disappear. help me
This pink mark on your lips can be due to leukoplakia or vitiligo. Leukoplakia is a white lesion that can't be removed simply by rubbing the mucosal surface. It may occur in response to chronic irritation from dentures or from tobacco use or pipe smoking, or it may represent dysplasia.
Since you are a smoker, I suggest you to get a biopsy skin done for the same so that diagnosis can be confirmed. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.