Dermatology Expert Forum
lip infection
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

lip infection

I don't know if I have selected the correct Topic Area here, for several weeks now I have had a couple of small rough patches on my upper lip and one on the lower lip.  They are alomost invisible to the naked eye, but I am very aware of them if I touch them with my finger or tongue. They seem to be situated nearer to where the lip joins the normal skin (ie not inside the mouth). They are only slightly sore to the touch, and mostly I don't even think about them. They have not become open sores at any time, but never seem to heal right up. I would like to know what this condition might be, whether it is transmissable, and how I might be able to treat these annoying patches successfully.