lip irritation
i have some kind of allergies that i really want to get rid of i've had it before i just want to know what to use. I have little itchy bumps on my lips i would regularly use medicated chapstick because it doesn't react like if i would use a non medicated chaptick i would get these bumps. My friend would also get it but she only gets it if she doesn't get to put any chapstick or lip balm benadryl doesn't help so what can I do and what is this irritating allergy or what soever pls help thank you

These itchy bumps may be due to a dermatitis or a fungal infection. Other differentials are cold sores and aphthous ulcers .However, based on your description of the bumps , these do not seem to be the case.

If this is dermatitis or fungal infection , then itchiness, scaling and chapping of the lips may be noted. They may also persist for quite sometime.

Another differential to consider here is exfoliative cheilitis which refers to a constant peeling and scaling of the lips. This appears to be associated with fungal and bacterial infections as well as injury to the lip caused by constant licking or biting.

There is no definite treatment for dermatitis or exfoliative cheilitis. Drinking plenty of water and using medicated lip balm seems to alleviate the symptoms in some patients. If an underlying fungal infection is present then topical medications like miconazole gel may help. Inform your primary physician about this before using any medications.