lip peeling off

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

lip peeling off

I have a lip problem. it began peeling off in october and it is still peeling of.
After  going to a physician he told me that is a fungus, but the medication he prescribed me is not effective.
so my  question is: Is lip peeling of have any relation to HIV signs?
Iam looking forward your response

Aidrous
There is a medical site that may answer your question : www.mayoclinic.com   You might try mineral oil on you lips to help. RJ
it could be fungus but u r not running out of alternative use alot of water and fish
I have had peeling lips for 15 years, and now I've been cured for 3 weeks.  I read an article by Dr. Gott a national medical columnist in the newspaper.  A reader wrote: I, too, had cold sores for years, and nothing I put on prevented them. The sores always took up to 10 days to heal, and I would immediately get another one. My husband is a retired dentist who suggested not using toothpaste that contains sodium lauryl sulfate. CVS brand and Sensodyne ProNamel are two products free of the inactive ingredient. Since making the change, I have not had any more pesky sores. I hope this helps someone else.  Dr. Gott wrote back that lauryl sulfate has been linked to skin problems.

Since making the switch to Sensodyne Pronamel (I use the mint), my peeling has disappeared and my lips have healed.  I now just put lip balm (zims crack cream or aveeno lip balm on twice a day, although I believe probably other ones would work as well).  

I'm trying to get this out to as many people as possible, please try switching to one of these toothpastes (p.s. Dr. Gott said Tom's of Maine also doesn't have lauryl sulfate, but I think I did try it once, and it didn't work like the pronamel for me).

Good luck