lip peeling
To: Bhupinder Kaur, MD
hello mam,
actually i have consulted a leading skin specialist in trivandrum,kerala named Dr yogiraj(dr yogiraj centre for dermatology& cosmetology).first of all i did a blood test(ANA&ANTI DS DNA)and it was negative,later done biopsy on his advice suspecting DLE&was negative(it shows only some mild spongiosis&there is no vasculitis or basal cell degeneration).he told me sometimes it is due to some cell irritation caused due to my previous history when i peeled the skin.i used medicines like lycodon cap,kenacort ointment,minovit cap,T ND cort,T Hydroquin,exerge cap, H H sone,pacroma oint(pimecrolimus),benalgis tablet etc during the period of treatment(about 10 months).i used pimecrolimus oint for about 3 months.is this a good period for treatment.now i have stopped  the treatment because there is no relief during this period.can u advice me a particular  hospital or a particular physician where i can have a good relief for this problem& i request u  whether there is any surgical or alternative solution for the same.
thanking u
You have already used many medicines. Unfortunately I am unaware of any good dermatologist in your area but you can consult any of the good dermatologists in medical colleges or big hospitals. I suggest you to consult a good dermatologist and get a biopsy skin of the lips done to confirm which types of cheilitis it is. Depending on the type, treatment can be planned. In severe cases like in actinic cheilitis, 5-fluorouracil, imiquimod, scalpel vermillionectomy, chemical peel, electrosurgery, and carbon dioxide laser vaporization are the treatment options. Before going in for any treatment, diagnosis needs to be confirmed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.