Aa
A
A
Close
lip pigmentation
Hi, I am an African-American 19 year old male. My lower lip is mostly dark and has two pink patches on it. One dermatologist I saw wasn't sure if it was vitiligo or not and another one said it that it was. However, I have recently been looking at some older pictures of myself and it appears as if my lower lip used to be pinker. This is confusing because if i do have vitiligo, my lips would have been darker in the past and not pinker. So because of this confusion, I am still trying to figure how to get my lips back to their even original color (whether or not that was pink or black). I have smoked some, but not on a regular basis and certainly not enough to make my lip as dark as it is. Also, when I was younger, I did pick my lips a lot. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Cancel
3 Answers
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
From the picture chaces are less that it is vitiligo. Diagnosis can be confirmed by external examination, blood tests to check skin cell count  for melanocytes and biopsy of the skin patches. Please get the diagnosis confirmed when you visit your dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
563773 tn?1374250139
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
hello mum am having the same problem with that guy.how can i get your contact.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
doctor if it is not vitiligo what possibly could it be.and can we cure it or we will have to leave with it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
Top Dermatology Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577
Blank