lip pigmentation

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

lip pigmentation

5746481?1275462795
Hi, I am an African-American 19 year old male. My lower lip is mostly dark and has two pink patches on it. One dermatologist I saw wasn't sure if it was vitiligo or not and another one said it that it was. However, I have recently been looking at some older pictures of myself and it appears as if my lower lip used to be pinker. This is confusing because if i do have vitiligo, my lips would have been darker in the past and not pinker. So because of this confusion, I am still trying to figure how to get my lips back to their even original color (whether or not that was pink or black). I have smoked some, but not on a regular basis and certainly not enough to make my lip as dark as it is. Also, when I was younger, I did pick my lips a lot. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
From the picture chaces are less that it is vitiligo. Diagnosis can be confirmed by external examination, blood tests to check skin cell count  for melanocytes and biopsy of the skin patches. Please get the diagnosis confirmed when you visit your dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

hello mum am having the same problem with that guy.how can i get your contact.
doctor if it is not vitiligo what possibly could it be.and can we cure it or we will have to leave with it.