Dermatology Expert Forum
lip waxing

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

lip waxing
Every 2-3 weeks, I wax my upper lip.  For the past few months, I've noticed that i get the same small spot 1-2 days later on the edge of my upper lip.  It's very small, but I notice it now because I expect it to surface when i wax.  It's flat with a little swelling, skin colored and just a little red around the edge, never comes to a head and never blisters.  I've tried popping it, but there's nothing really to pop.  It usually goes away within the week.  I also have been using Benzaclin for the past few months.  I try to use it only when i have a pimple coming on.  I know it can make my skin very sensative. I've never had a cold sore, but could this be one??  I dont feel any tingling or the other symptoms I've read about concerning cold sores.
This sounds like an inflamed follicle, resulting from pulling that hair out of it.  It does not sound like a cold sore.  For further, definitive information, please see a dermatologist in person.  Bring a photo too.

Thanks.

Dr. Rockoff
I can also send you a picture if that would help