liquid nitrogen blister

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

liquid nitrogen blister

I went to see a dermatologist today (actually, she is a Nurse Practitioner) for a spot that has been on my inner thigh near my groin for nearly 3 months now.  The spot is 1/2 inch in diameter and perfectly circular with no irregular border and is not raised. The color is a slightly darker pink than my normal skin color (I am Caucasian).

The nurse practitioner said it doesn't look like cancer, and can be removed by using liquid nitrogen which she applied for approximately 8 seconds.  It burned for a few hours afterward, and it wasn't until about 5 hours after the treatment that I was able to look at it for the first time.

When I did look at it, I had a large blister where the spot used to be.  The blister is raised a good 1/4 inch above my skin level and definitely filled with fluid, and is a rather tight blister pouch.

She said it will remain red for quite some time, and when I inquired as to what "quite some time" meant, she said 6-8 months.  Why bother with doing this procedure when it takes so much time to heal?  Why remove it if it just a benign spot and not cancerous, especially in an area on my body that isn't visible to the public?  I mean this with no disrespect, but was this treatment done rather unnecessarily just to pad the bill a little bit?  Is the blister a normal occurence?  Should I pierce the blister with a sterilized pin to release the fluid but keep the skin intact?  

Thank you in advance for all of your time and advice.  I really appreciate it !

Mark
Perspiration is basically odorless, it can take on an unpleasant smell when it comes into contact with bacteria on your skin. Most often, it's the bacterial breakdown of apocrine sweat that causes a strong odor. Bad odor is mostly of sweat which may be seen in anxiety,obesity, allergies, eczema, psoriasis, synthetic fibers and warm temperatures. It is also seen in excessive sweating or hyperhydrosis.

I think getting a thyroid profile tested in the lab may help and also please consult a dermatologist to find out the confirmatory diagnosis as treatment depends on the same.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Occasionally a blister may appear after cryotherapy with liquid nitrogen. Elevate thelimb, give rest to the part, apply cold compresses, soak the blister in Epsom salt and try to avoid its rupture. If the blister breaks, quickly rinse the area and apply an antiseptic such as neosporin. It is not recommended to break a blister because it may often lead to infection.

If the symptoms worsen or persist then please consult a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.