Dermatology Community
little bumps on lip
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

little bumps on lip

Hey. I have little white bumps on my bottom lip.
They don't hurt but occasionally one will swell and then go away.
I have had unprotected oral sex with someone who I don't know they're sexual history.
What do you think this could be?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,

These could be milia or syringoma which are both harmless conditions. Syringoma which is a benign bump is usually caused by the overgrowth of cells from sweat glands. Milia, on the other hand, also known as milk spots or oil seeds, are benign, keratin-filled cysts that can appear just under the epidermis. This can sometimes be a result of harsh face washes or from repeated heat stress from hot showering on people with sensitive skins.

Are there other signs or symptoms present? It is also important to rule out other possible causes such as irritation or cold sores or herpes.  The latter is a sexually transmitted disease which usually presents with pain and blisters that occur around the mouth or anywhere in the face. If it persists, it would be best to have this evaluated further by your doctor.

Take care and keep us posted.
Blank
my 4 year old has painful white bumps in a group on her inside bottom lip. it hurts when she eats or drinks. shes had chancor sores before but this isnt the same thing. help!
Blank
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979