little circle of bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

little circle of bumps

Since I was about 12 I've gotten small dime-sized spots, usually on my arms, of lightly raised bumps. The first time I got them my father insisted that it was caused by worms from eating uncooked raspberries and he poked all the bumps with a needle. They weren't puss filled or anything; just seemed like skin all the way down. It was very painful when he did that and when I get them, they sometimes itch, but not always. I'm 27 now and for 15 years or so I've almost always had one of these little patches somewhere. What are they, what causes them, and what can I do about them?
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be discoid eczema ,pityriasis rosea, or ringworm.

Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching.

No treatment is usually required. In most patients, the condition lasts only a matter of weeks or months(upto six months)

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.Other possibilities have to be ruled out then.

I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Thanks.

I took a look at images and description of each of those conditions. The problem is that all of them include discoloration, and I don't have any discoloration with the bumps. It looks like a round patch of goosebumps.

They last for a few weeks at a time. Other than occasional itching or pain if I scratch, I have no associated symptoms. Are there any other possibilities that you know of?
ive had them before, i know what youre talking about. just wanted to look this up because i was scratching my boyfriends leg and saw the little bumps - and ive seen them before on myself on my arms, and his body numerous times..i wondered what it was, thats why i came across this...what are these?? --