little red bumps around tattoo

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

little red bumps around tattoo

I have been going threw the healing process of my tatto that i have had for a week. I would wear shirts to cover it at school. At night i would wash it in the shower, as well as morning, with provon medicated lotion soap with chloroxylenol. After i would put that on i would then rince that off and then i would apply Dial complete foaming soap to it right after and then wash it off. Washing it with only the palm of my hand in a rubing manor. i would normaly put on enough lotion to surround the tatto but i wouldnt rub it in because i didn't want to ruin any ink or anything. I would put lotion before i went to bed and made sure i slept to were i would touch my arm. It had been itchy at time but not like on the tattoo but as i would rub my palm across it i found out that the itching ness was on the outside of the tattoo. Im going to admit i did scratch that outside area like three times but that was it after that because im parranoid about infection and bacteria under my nails. On Saturday i wake up and there are little red bumps. which on friday i was leniant and just slept on my back like normal without a shirt . and today on sunday the bumps are more clear. i realized when im in the shower if i turn the heat up and the heat of t he water touches the bumps it makes the intensity of the itch increase but ill rub it at the same time to sooth it. After i get out it didnt itch including the fact i took a benadryl an hour prior too. I dont know what could have caused this is it the soaps? is it the excesive amount of lotion not rubed into my skin just kinda sitting on top of my sourrounding while wearing a shirt and it possiably block my pores? I have a green color in my tattoo could it be that it might have mercury if so why would it just now pop up? would it be the three times i scrated it? or the rolling around in bed at night maybe cause i toss at night? could i have possiably itched it while sleeping? i dont know what i could have done please help ease my thoughts of infection at least .It looks like poisen ivy and there are a few white heads on them it also itches really bad there are no bumps in the ink or on the ink there is a couple in the opening of the tattoo but thats it. What is it and what can i do to get rid of it.
From the symptoms any allergic reaction to the ink of the tattoo needs to be ruled out. Take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin and apply some calamine lotion or mild steroid cream on the rash. If the symptoms are severe then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist as oral steroids may be needed. Also consult an allergist and get a patch testing done for the ink of the tattoo.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.