little red bumps on feet and ankles

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

little red bumps on feet and ankles

Over the year I've been getting these little red dots all on my feet and ankles. They don't itch and there is no pain.

I've noticed today that I'm starting to get them on my hands and wrists.

They are all about the size of a pinhead and raised. At first I thought they might be moles, but now I seem to be getting more of them.
Tags: RED BUMPS
I have been getting these little red bumps all over my hands for a few years now. They get extremely itchy and somtimes painful as my hands get so swollen from them. This break out is the worst i've ever had. Both palms of my hands are covered and front, top and sides of fingers, now i'm starting to get a few of them on the sides of my feet. It hurts to make a fist or even rub them or put cream on them.. They are driving me crazy. I have absolutely no idea what causes it. I've seen my family doctor who's done nothing about them. They feel like little pricklies all over my hands. I would try anything to relieve the pain and itching or to get rid of them completely.. Anyone else have this problem?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Red bumps on the skin may be due to a dermatitic skin condition. In your case, you may need oral antihistamines for this. If the skin condition does not subside, then you may need oral antibiotics for this. I suggest that you have a skin biopsy done just to ascertain the diagnosis. This will help determine the best form of management for your condition.

Wash the area with warm water and use a mild cleanser to keep the area from drying. Get a referral with an infectious medicine specialist if the symptoms persist despite medications.