little white/skin coloures buttons around rim of penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hi, Since as long as i can remember, i've had these white/skin coloured buttons all around the rim of my penis head. It does not hurt unless you try to pull it or cut it, it is attached like some kind of growth.I once to a doctor and he gave me a fungus cream to rub on it but it did nothing and i really would like to remove it. It cannot be a sexuallt transmitted disease because i've had it since before i've ever had sex. A picture is attached could you please find it and tell me what to do about it. Personally i'm ashamed about it and i've never heard of any thing like this . Please Help me. Thankyou. Raul
Tags: button

This could be - pearly penile papules or fordyce spots. You would need to consult your doctor for a confirmed diagnosis.

'Pearly penile papules are multiple, small (about 1-3mm) papules running around the circumference of the crown of the glans (glands) penis. They typically develop in men aged 20 to 40, and around 10 per cent of all men are affected. They may be mistaken for warts, are not infectious and require no treatment.'

'Fordyce spots are small (1-5mm) bright red or purple papules that can appear on the glans (glands), shaft or scrotum and usually affect younger men. They may occur as a solitary lesion, but frequently appear in crops of 50 to 100. They are painless and not itchy, but may cause embarrassment because of their appearance, or a fear that they might be sexually transmitted. '

Let us know if you need any further information.

Post us about what your doctor advises.

Regards.
If you are not circumcised, it is probably papules.  They seem to occur mostly in uncircumcised guys because of the oils and even dirt staying under the foreskin.  They are harmless but you can check with your doctor about having them removed.

How are you doing now? Have you consulted your doctor for a clinical examination?

Post us about any other doubts that you have and about what your doctor has advised.

Regards.