longterm rash to groin (not genitals)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

longterm rash to groin (not genitals)

I have what I would describe as a rash to my inner thich, pubic area that has now started to spread to the lower abdominal area above the pubic area that I have had for the past couple years. It started as areas that just seemed "discolored" (I am white and the areas seemed darker pigmented, not red) but they ae now becoming more reddish, somewhat raised (like they are hardening?) but they do not itch or bother me in any way! There is not blisters, pus, open areas or any changes to the function of that area-it is just unsightly and unerving to not know what it is! I have looked at pictures of the typical rashes such as jock itch, ringowrm, etc...and iot does not look similar. Help!

This discussion is related to Redness  between leg and groin area....
  • Rash in Groin area (1 replies):
    I have this rash that comes and goes. The first time i h...[more]
  • skin rash (2 replies):
    Have a skin rash on small section of left arm have been ...[more]
  • Strange Rash (1 replies):
    Developed this weird rash on my upper left thigh, it's p...[more]
  • rash problem (1 replies):
    Ive got this rash and it consist of small red bumps and ...[more]
  • rash (1 replies):
    my husband just started a new job where he has to use th...[more]
Since the rash is non itchy, so it can be irritation of the skin or dermatitis skin. The other possibilities are of sweat dermatitis or heat rash. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort after consulting a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.