Dermatology Community
losing hair at 19
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

losing hair at 19

Hello
I am a 19 year old male, and i have problems with my hair growing back on my head. This results in my hair thinning and some people can see my scalp. Like other people who are losing hair at a young age, I feel very embarrassed about my appearance. My parents do not have this problem although they are in their late 40s, all my grand parents do not have this problem.

I heard that by combing my hair more often i can encourage hair growth as it massages the scalp. I know that by combing i am losing hair as well, but is it true that it doesnt matter how much fair i am losing, its the fact that hair dont grow back thats causing the problem? Also i am trying some herbal medication which claims to have good results treating baldness, this medicine is for external use on the scalp, also i migh using a herbal shampoo by the same company who made the medicine.

People keep asking me whether i have too much pressure at school when they see my bald patches, I am quite sick of it. I have sleeping problems, i go to sleep at midnight and wake up at 7.30 am, in between i would usually wake up every 3 hours into my sleep. The person who sold me the medicine also asked me to improve my sleep as i cannot reach deep sleep. Just wondering how many of the things i mentioned are true.

Thankyou

This discussion is related to hair loss at 19.