loss of libido due to saw palmetto
hello.......i took......saw palmetto........for my androgenic alopecia..........but i m having loss of libido and erectile dysfunction because of that.......i m worried........wheter it is reversible........i hv stopped that drug.......its a herb......which stops conversion of testastrone to DHT...........WORRIED.........please........let me knw........it  is reversible............
Saw palmetto extract is an extract of the fruit of Serenoa repens. It is rich in fatty acids and phytosterols, and has shown promise in treating benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Though men taking saw palmetto may develop mild nausea, reduced libido, or erectile dysfunction, the rate of such problems is clinically and statistically far less common than in men taking drugs to treat BPH symptoms, based on the JAMA meta-analysis cited above. There are no known drug interactions.
It is not proven that Saw palmetto causes a reduction of a libido, nor erectile function. In fact saw Palmetto is used also as a light aphrodisiac; Saw palmetto reduces the DHT in the blood in a different way than Finasteride which could cause reduced libido. It is common to find in herbal drugs as a cure for sexual problems, such as reduced libido or erectile disfunction, a small dose of saw palmetto extract associated with Gin seng or other plants that contain L-arginine (Emanuel Gargiulo)
ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saw_palmetto_extract

I am exactly suffering the sam symptoms after taking SP 320mg for 5 months. did you find any solution?
I am living in hell for the last 8-9 months after taking saw palmetto. No energy, loss of manhood, loss of body muscels and daily life nothing but a punishment. If anbody who suffered from SP please let us know how to get well back thoug looks permanent.
As a matter of fact I loss my libido and got an erectile dysfunction due to Serenoa Repens, and my tests in every other area are perfect. Who knows how the serenoa repens is metabolized? how can you cure this adverse effects?
I have taken saw palmetto  320 mg for 8 months. Small improvement on prostate with little reduction in size, but total loss of libido, digestive problems and depression. I do not know what to take now.
Vvincent
Hi, Did you recover from the saw palmetto sides?  Thankyou