lower legs - slight loss of feeling in the skin
Hi - I'm a 25-year-old female who lives a moderately active lifestyle.  I also suffer from keratosis pilaris on my legs, if that's relevant, as well as Raynaud's syndrome.

Recently I've begun to experience some slight loss of feeling in the skin of my calves.  I noticed it while shaving & decided to wait a few hours to see if it had gone away - it didn't.  The feeling is weird - it's not tingly or numb, rather it feels like I am touching my leg through a nylon sock or - in probably exaggerated terms - like how frostnip feels (I've had this a number of times in toes/fingers).  It doesn't feel like I'm touching my own leg!  The whole calf is not affected, just portions of it.  The patches without feeling have not regained feeling for about 2 months.

I was not experiencing any symptoms of a Raynaud's flareup at the time (nor do I experience it in my calves), so I was wondering if this is a dermatological issue instead of a circulatory one.  The only thing I came up with via the Internet is chronic compartment syndrome, but I'm not a hardcore athlete (& I don't seem to have other required symptoms anyway).

Do you have any thoughts?  I'm in the UK for a year, so I don't want to head to a doctor if this is harmless (or if there's something I can do to clear it up myself).
I have sensation loss in my right thigh but only in the front on my leg from my knee to mid thigh.  Have you been given any diagnosis or help in understanding why this happened?
i have been experiencing the same problem and am considering going to the doctor (although im not such what dr to go to). have you found anything out?