lower legs rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

lower legs rash

what is the rash i have i get it often in high temps when i walk a lot at work.it is red and i do have a lot of pain at night and heaviness in my legs.a lot of times the pain is unbearable.
It can be due to golfer’s vasculitis rash which is a red rash on the calves of many walkers. It often starts above the sock line and makes red patches and splotches up the calf. In that case, taking bath with cold water after staying in the sun or applying cold wet towels may help.

If your legs are itchy during or after exercise, with no relation to heat, you may have exercise urticaria. In such cases, antihistaminics and not exercising on warm or humid days may help.

You may apply calamine lotion and cool compresses on the rash. It may help. You may also take some OTC  antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin.

Please see your dermatologist if the condition does not improve.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.