lump between eyebrows

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

lump between eyebrows

I have a lump between my eyebrows thats been there for about six months it doesn't hurt and is not red any ideas?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Without clinically examining the lump and determining the exact size, shape, appearance and consistency of lump it may be difficult for me to determine the exact cause. If the lump is moveable, rubbery and soft and painless and you have had it for a long time it is possible that it could be a lipoma. A lipoma is a benign cyst made up of fat cells. Sebaceous cyst could be another reason for the lump on your forehead. The main cause of a sebaceous cyst is a swollen hair follicle. They are filled with oily material, are painless and harmless. In rare cases a sebaceous cyst can become inflamed and cause problems. If a person is having headachess, vision difficulties and weight loss then in that case forehead lump can signify serious problems like cancer or malignancy. It is best to get the lump seen by a dermatologist and clarify your doubts. Hope it helps.
Take care!