lump in ear lobe
I have a hard painful lump in my ear lobe.  I have had a problem with it coming and going.  I have no idea what it could be. Should I be concerned?
Painful lump in earlobe which is coming and going suggest that this could be some kind of a tumor of the connective tissue underneath the skin which normally constitutes the earlobe. The most probable possibility is clogged sebaceous gland of the earlobe. It is not uncommon to have clogged sebaceous glands in the earlobe. They are a result of poor hygiene or some kind of an infection. Some of the glands tend to get infected and they can grow to be very big and can become a great problem. They can hurt but they don’t have to, the pain usually appears when the lump starts pressing on some nerve ending in the earlobe. Trying to squeeze them out will only cause you more pain and can worsen the infection. The safest solution is to go to a plastic surgeon and have the lump removed.
Hope this helps.
Bye.