lump near groin next to thigh

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

lump near groin next to thigh

just the other day I was using the restroom when I noticed a small lump near my in thigh by my groin. felt a little hard, and i thought it was a zit. but I could not pop it. I have gotten something similar under my armpit, and I left it alone and it went away. it has only been about a week, but since the area is unusual i want to see if someone has any idea of what it is and what i should do

This kind of bump can be a swollen lymph node,a sebaceous cyst or a boil. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection along with other numerous causes.Treatment is usually warm compresses,over the counter anti-inflammatory analgesics(pain killers) like acetaminophen or ibuprofen,antibiotics if cause of infection is suspected to be a bacteria and surgical drainage if there is any abscess formation.

Sebaceous cyst is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin and fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.It is usually painless but can become painful if infected.Then antibiotics are needed.

Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle be staph aureus.Treatment includes antibiotics.

If painless apply warm compresses on the lump.But if it becomes painful or starts growing in size then evaluation from adermatologist is required.

does the limp have a foul order
i have had a boil growing quickly the past few days and finally lanced it with a needle and expected to see a cream colored infection, yet it was pouring out darker brown blood and feels much better now.  the size was around the size of a mid size radish.  I am wondering if the color is normal or if i should go to the hospital and have it checked.  the pain level has lowered and i have a low grade fever.  Any suggestions ?  thank you so very muchm