lump on anus
I have this lump on my anus, its only small, but it looks like a little crater. it has been there for a while, and i dont notice except for when i make a bowel movement and wipe, it starts to bleed briefly. Its never itchy but it makes wiping kinda painful. does anybody have any suggestions as to what this might be? i dont really want to show a doctor if it can be avoided. thanks!

Without external examination it is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis,but the various possibilities for this lump are anal fissures, hemorrhoids, warts due to human papillloma virus, moles or rectal cancer(very rare).

Hemorrhoids are varicosities and inflammation of veins in the rectum and anus. An anal fissure is an unnatural crack or tear in the anus skin.They cause pain and blood after defaecation. Genital warts are a sexually transmitted condition caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV). Genital warts can be flat with stalks, or cauliflower-like, and are most often seen on the genitals or the area around the rectum.

It would be best to get it examined from a dermatologist or surgeon as sometimes proctoscopy and biopsy may also be required to confirm a diagnosis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me updated on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.