Dermatology Expert Forum
lumps under my right armpit

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

lumps under my right armpit

HIV + and bad case of exema (eczema) may be the cause of unusual painfull lumps under me right armpit. i thought that they could be boils but they come and go. right now the major size lump appears to be right underneath my skin and it is kind of flat but yet circular and ABOUT 1/2" TO 3/4" WITH OTHER SMALLER LUMPS AROUND IT. IS THIS A CYST/BOIL/OR SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES. I WILL SEE MY DOCTOR BUT I JUST SCARED THAT CANCER COULD BE THE RESULT.  WHAT IS THERE THAT I COULD DO TO TELL ME IF THIS IS JUST A BOIL???
Robert:

Lumps in the armpit that come and go are not generally associated with cancer.  A boil would be red and painful.

These could be cysts, which are common in the vicinity, or else they could be swollen glands which appear where there is a virus in the in the area or in the body as a whole (such as an upper respiratory infection.)

You really ought to see a doctor.  In all probability what you will get is reassurance and perhaps a relatively innocuous treatment.  Don't be afraid to ask.

Good luck.

Dr. R
I also have a small, painful and slightly swollen lump under my left armpit. Mine comes and goes as well. I am wondering if my medicine may have anything to do with this, or if my heart arrhythmia may be due in part to something else.

I have been on 100 mg of Toprol for a little over a month now. My cardiologist diagnosed me with inappropriate sinus tachycardia. I sweat profusely, am very fatigued, have exercise intolerance, a very fast heart rate, get dizzy spells and blackout at times. The medicine seems to help. However, it seems the swollen place under my arm showed up at about the same time I started on the Toprol. Just a coincidence? With all the health probs I've been having lately, I'm wondering if I should make an appt. with my GP. I don't want to over-react, but I don't want to be stupid either. What should I do?
I also suffer from lumps under my right armpit. I had 2 removed last year. they looked like peanuts and when opened were filled with a mass. They were sent to a lab and very diagnosed as non-cancerous. Currently, I have another one under my right armpit and a small one under my left. What is causing this? My doctor didn't seem to know. I am only 38, will I have to suffer from this the rest of my life?
About 3 days ago I notice soreness under booth armpits mostly the right one...when I put touch it..it becomes really tender. What would be some reasons for this?
I have had many lumps over the last 9yrs. the ones that I have had under my armpits have beendiagnossed as cysts. Throughout the literaly countless nights of sleep I have found the best way to relieve the pain is to put a hot padunder arm and lots of rest. Ihave recently been having many problems with these elseware on my body and can't get rid of them. Have had numerous surgeries and they are returning on the exact spot tat was removed. doctors around my area are now lost and are treating me with antibiotics and pain killers. not working!!! and am very drawn of all energy. ANYBODY HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!
I have a bump/lump just above my elbow on the right arm. I t was a littler bigger then it is now but also a little tender and looks bruised. Can anyone help in what it might be? I plan on going to the DR, but very nervous of the results