melanoma

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

melanoma

my husband is 52 years old , he has got brownish pigmentation in his forehead recently (few weeks ago ) , it is like aggregated dots , not raised from the skin surface , seems to be in the dermis , I want to know the diagnosis (is it a melanoma ?) what is the prognosis ? and how to take care of it? , he is hypertensive and asthmatic , non smoker, no previous history of any tumor .
                   thanks
From the symptoms it can be hyperpigmentation skin or melasma. It does not sound like melanoma. Treatment options include treatment with vitamin C and hydrocortisone, peel with carbon dioxide snow and alexandrite and ND-Yag Q-Switched laser treatment preceded by a hydroquinone-based application. Please discuss these options with your dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.