Dermatology Expert Forum
minor rash
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

minor rash

I have read much information on perioral dermatitus and I believe that is what I have, although I seem to have a very mild case compared to some of the descriptions and  pictures. I am a 29 year old female and have had this rash occur(mainly on my chin) four times in the past three years. It starts as tiny white bumps that are filled with puss that itch and burn and eventually (two or three days later) begin to peel and then vanishes within a week. I have used over the counter cortizone cream and doesn't seem to do much other than stop the itching. I understand that you don't seem to know what causes this, but do you think I should change toothpastes, skin care products, etc.? Also, do you think I would benefit from an oral antibiotic? My last two outbreaks have occured within a month of eachother. Although I'm thankful my cases are not as severe as others, it is still very irritating and I'm concerned about having a lifetime of these rashes.