mole on my vagina HELP!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

mole on my vagina HELP!

I have a mole in my vagina, i noticed it years ago, perhaps I was still in grade school, now I am already working. The size when the first time I saw was slight similar.  It is dark , raised and located on the opening of my vagina.  the sorrounding skin looks black too. It's awful and I feel embrassed to let my gynecologist check it.

But out of paranoia, I am so afraid that maybe it is cancerous. But it doesnt bother me, no itch, doesnt bleed and not painful. the presence just make me paranoid....

I am not a doctor.  I am a 40 year old female and am waiting to have a second biopsy for possible melanoma of breast tissue.  You should NOT be embarrassed about going to see your OB/GYN it is their job to assist in these types of situations.  It is more urgent if you have noticed recent changes in size/color, etc.

Here is some information from the web that I read recently read:

"A very small percentage of melanomas occur in the female genitals. When it does occur, melanoma develops on the vulva and/or vagina. These melanomas are usually detected during a gynecologic examination. The most common signs and symptoms are:

Discharge
Bleeding
Itching
Pain

When melanoma arises on the vulva, it occurs on the labia minora, labia majora, or clitoris, and may extend into the vagina. The most common signs and symptoms are vaginal discharge, pain, bleeding, and itching, which may be mistaken for vaginal infection or menstrual irregularity. Most patients with advanced melanomas feel pain and have a recognized change in size, shape, or color of a mole on the vulva.

Vaginal melanoma that does not begin as vulvar melanoma is very rare. When in its early stages, vaginal melanoma does not exhibit signs or symptoms. The common signs and symptoms of advanced disease are vaginal bleeding, foul odor, discharge, and vaginal pain. Most advanced lesions cause symptoms and are diagnosed during a gynecologic examination. "

Another site:

"Precancerous changes of the vulva (vulvar dysplasia) may appear as white, red, or brown patches on the vulva, and are often accompanied by itching. The vulva can also develop skin cancers such as melanoma and squamous cell carcinoma."

You don't get a "do over" if it is something serious, so make an appointment ASAP.  Make sure to let them know your problem/concern, so they can give you an "urgent" appointment rather than waiting weeks or months for a regular appointment time.  Good luck and best wishes.
hi thanks!!!! i had it checked with my OB this morning. It was not a mole