mole removal has left a hole!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

mole removal has left a hole!

Im a 24 year old woman.
I had a mole removed from my face yesterday, is on my right cheek by my nose, (mole was about 5mm by 7mm) partly for cosmetic reasons and because it was
rubbing against my glasses.
The method was shaving then cauterization. they said it would look like a ciggarette burn. the thing is they seem to have cut deeper than expected, theres almost about a 2mm crater in my cheek now.
im worried this wont fill out as it heels, has anyone else experienced this and what was the end result??
Since you have got the mole removed yesterday only so this crater like scar will take a few days to be filled with granulation tissue and then heal.  However if the craters persist then it may be due to atrophic scars which may need evaluation. It may need botox injections and collagen filling or laser treatment may have to be tried. For this I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers