Dermatology Community
moles on my genitals
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

moles on my genitals

Hi  I have noticed upon  self examination several moles on my labia area and around the upper clitoral region an
my partner says i also have a mole on my anus. Is this a common condition and should I have to do something about it.. If i go to the doctors, would it pay to shave around the areas.?

Sam
Related Discussions
Hi,

Moles on or around the genitals are common in both men and women. These are usually harmless and require no treatment. Size, color and shape of the moles are important  in identifying moles that might be problematic. On the other hand, genital warts are rough or smooth-surfaced, and are typically flesh-colored. They can be large or small, and can be found as a single growth or in groups. They can also appear on the external genital skin, inside the vagina, or the anus. It is important to differentiate this two.  

It is also helpful to know the ABCDE warning signs of melanoma : A for asymmetry, B for border, C for color, D for diameter, and E for elevation. Any changes in these area will indicate a visit to your gynecologist. Take care and regards.
Blank
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979