molluscum contagiousm
my daughter is only 6 and was told she has molluscum contagiosum or warts!  it is on her bottom but has spread to her lips(vagina) and little tiny spots on body.  what do i do and what are possible treatments?

In children,the mollusca will usually go away without treatment within 12-18 months. Many of the treatments can be painful (such as liquid nitrogen) to the children or result in scarring. Scarring rarely occurs if the mollusca are left to go away on their own.

But if the molluscum are unsightely,then they can be squeezed between fingernails, or with forceps or tweezers by a doctor or a nurse under aseptic conditions.The usual methods of treatment of mollusca in adults are not followed in children because they are quite painful to them.

I sincerely advise you to get them squeezed out by a trained medical professional only if they are unsightely,otherwise they should be left as such.

I hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how your child is doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.