moluscum contagiosum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

moluscum contagiosum

my son got moluscum (molluscum) about 2 months ago now, and around the pimples there are some kind of excema that is very itchy. I know I have to let the pimples go by itself but can I apply something on the excema to at least  release the itch?

This discussion is related to Moluscum (molluscum) Contagiosum.
i have moluscum (molluscum) contagiosum and i use cortizone cream to reduce the itch and he can use  the calamine lotion you would put on poison ivy can stop the itch too.. i have also been using this cream called triamcinolone acetonide ointment USP 0.1% im not sure if its actually working to get rid of it but ive noticed its slowing going away and i dont itch. you can also get cream called aldara.. its used for genetal warts but it does stop the itch. you can always go to like walmart and ask the pharmasist if there is a cream thats best used to stop itching that cant hurt your skin. they are usually very helpful