Dermatology Expert Forum
mosquito bite-like rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

mosquito bite-like rash

Yesterday I woke up with this extensive rash that looks like a swarm of mosquitoes attacked me. Odd thing is it is only on my back from my hips to my knees, is not itchy but every spot is very tender (like a mild bruise), somewhat hard, hot to the touch, and swollen around the perimeter of the core of the spot. There are at least 70 spots.

I've changed/ eaten/ or done nothing unusual....any ideas what it could be? Or how to get rid of it?

Thx
I'm really not sure.  Have you used a hot tub--sometimes those can spread infections which look like what you describe.  They go away on their own.  Of course, these may also be bacterial folliculitis, or maybe you were attacked by a swarm of bugs.  See a doc.  Thanks.

Dr. Rockoff