moving rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

moving rash

I had a horrible itching outbreak with hives about a month ago. On that day I was in contact with rabbit fur but have never broken out in response to any animal fur in the past. Since then, I have been getting little rashes all over my body. They range in size from a pencil eraser to a little larger than a quarter. For the past 3 weeks I would say they never itch. The ones I usually notice are on my wrists, neck, or forearm (near my elbow). They only last for about 15 minutes and will not show up if I am taking Claritin. They are almost always flat except the ones on my wrist occasionally look like a single hive (slight bubble). They almost always come at night. Since the initial outbreak I vacationed for Christmas. So I slept in a different bed, ate different foods, washed my clothes with different detergent, etc. The only thing that remained consistent was the rashes. Today after my shower I noticed one on my back. Without any medication it only lasted 5 minutes after I noticed it and it never itched. Any ideas what this could be? I saw my general practitioner who told me if they continued and were itchy, to see her again. However, they haven't been itchy for the past three weeks. I will go back in regardless unless they stop in the next week but I am racking my brain until then.
Thanks for any ideas!
Tags: rash
From the symptoms they look like hives. Hives are red, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.
Wash it with fresh water and apply some calamine lotion on the bumps which helps in soothing the skin. If the symptoms persist then topical or oral steroids and antihistaminics may be needed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.