my 4year olds peeling hands
my 4year old daughters hands have suddenly started peeling,it started off on 1 finger then the next few days it spread to the rest of her fingers and hands,i do not how this started or how to stop it getting worse
Peeling and flaking hands can be due to contact dermatitis and contact with harsh detergents, soaps and lotions. Sometimes cold, dry air can cause  peeling and dermatitis or fungal infections can also cause peeling.

Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used, whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid but since she is a child , so steroids should be used only after consulting a dermatologist.

Symptoms can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin. Also consult a dermatologist to get the diagnosis confirmed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.