Dermatology Community
my lips burn and hurt really bad
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

my lips burn and hurt really bad

my lips burn like crazy and peel. everynight I wake up they are swollen and when it starts peeling there is like clear liquid that come out which makes my lips all yet. I've been using burts bees chapstick for awhile. I tried many different things like Vaseline nothing is helping . what do I do? help please  
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
it almost sounds like some type of either sunburn or wind burn to your lips... As odd as this sounds have you had any type of trauma to your face, or excessive/prolonged sun exposure?
Blank
Hi,

How long have you been experiencing this? One differential could be burning mouth syndrome which may present as burning pain in the mouth, increased thirst, sore mouth or loss of taste. The cause may be unknown, or associated with nutritional deficiency, dry mouth, yeast infection, nerve damage, certain medications or hormonal imbalances.  I would recommend that you have this evaluated by your doctor or dentist to determine the underlying cause and for proper management.  At this point, drink plenty of fluids, avoid spicy-hot and acidic foods and reduce stress.

Take care and keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank