my mom has a bump/bite that doesn't go away

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

like the title line says, there is a bump that is larger than your average bite. she says it does not itch and the location is around her front waistline. it's become a cause for concern but not so much that she'll see a dermatologist. it's a 50 dollar co-pay so it's something she's passing off to avoid a trip, paying too much with no emergency, or maybe just avoidancy.

if there is a away to post a picture i haven't been able to tell yet. i only did a google search for something similar to what she has and its description then came across this forum.

if someone could please tell me their opinion based off some experience or expertise i would sincerely appreciate the advice. especially if they have some medical background. also let me know if theres an option to post pictures so i can take one with my phone and post it for someone to have a visual if they need it.
How long has it been there? I don't mean to scare you, but anything that doesn't go away in two weeks should be a reason for her to see a dermatologist.
Prurigo nodularis is my impression from your basic description. ok?
But she says it doesn't itch. Doesn't prurigo mean 'itchy'?
Of course,Obviously I missed the itch part. Prurigo nodularis is extremely itchy.Thanks for pointing it out.
Regards.