Dermatology Community
nail and hair changes from accutane
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

nail and hair changes from accutane

I finished a 5 months course of accutane and was happy with the results and happy to finish.  I was on 10 mg a day due to severe headaches with any higher dose.  My skin is fine 6 months later, but know I'm noticing weird changes to my hair, hair thinning/loss and severe dryness.  I also noticed that my nails have thinned too.  I'm concerned because these changes happened after the treatment.  I thought I was done and should be recovery from it, but instead the side effects are now manifesting.  I'm really worried about hair loss and dryness and the thinning nails.  what can I do.  Please help if you know of anything or heard of anything.

Related Discussions
Hi,

Are there other symptoms present? Accutane is a form of vitamin A and used to treat severe nodular acne. It has several side effects which may or may not occur to everyone. Talk to your doctor about these symptoms and you may need to have your blood tests such as liver function.A complete physical examination must be done to see the underlying cause. Calcium supplements may also help.

Take care and keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank