nevus of ota treatment

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

nevus of ota treatment

I'm a 16 years boy from Belgium who has nevus of ota.

In 2010 , i contacted one of the best dermatologist of Belgium.
She told me my nevus of ota could be treated.But she had to test the laser , so she could se how my skin would act when lasered. She tested it 3 times (2010-2011). In july 2011 i noticed a big difference on the place where she tested it 3 times.
So i contacted my dermatologist , it looked good.Untill my dad heared the treatment cost...But my dermatologist had a solution , she told us to go to the university Hospital.I went to this hospital , they told me they wouldn't treat it because they had already treated someone and it became skin cancer.

So i told my dermatologist this , and she said she would contact the hospital...Today my dermatologist called me and told me that she won't treat it either...BECAUSE it is too risky.(there is a chance it would evolve to skin cancer).

Is this true?Because on the internet , i see threads of universities that say that laser is a safe treatment for the nevus of ota..

I'm really sad at the moment , because my dermatologist gave me hope and now it is gone.
Anyone?
In nevus of ota, there is increased amount of melanin (pigment) and melanin producing cells (melanocytes) in and around their eyes. Less than 4% can develop choroidal melanoma in the affected eye. Fewer will develop intracranial neoplasia.

So until and unless you have an ophthalmic and neurological examination, nothing can be said with precision.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

they tested an little area on my face 3 times with the laser and it cleared after the 3rd time and the results were good , so i do not know why she won't laser it now.. :s