no rash, no bumps, itchy chest
I have a constant itchy chest after trimming my chest hair, but not until the 2 week mark. I have always done this but just started 9 months ago. The reson I am worried is that I had unprotected intercourse and then this started happening after 10 days post exposure. I have tested for all STD's at 9 months - negative, been to 2 dermos and still no relief. I have not changed anything in my diet or soap. One DR. said folliculitis from trimming, the other heat induced folliculiits - no rash or bumps - does get alittle red after I have my shirt on from rubbing - and only happens when my shirt is on as well. Any thoughts? I just want to make sure its not due to HIV even though all my Dr.s say no way after 9 months. I am just running out of ideas. Thanks
Since you have already tested negative for the STD’s so chances of this being HIV rash are less. Moreover, HIV presents with flu like symptoms and then after a lot of time, skin changes are found. From the symptoms it looks like folliculitis and rash due to friction rub with clothes which is irritating the skin. Wash the areas several times with fresh water and do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin  and  for mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used. Also use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin and wear cotton clothes.

If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist. Biopsy skin may be done to confirm the diagnosis.
Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Warm regards.

My hairs seem to be curling back into my skin. Could this be causing the prickly and itchy feeling? Thanks

Folliculitis is caused by irritation of the hair folicles due to irritants and these irritated hair follicles can be infected by staph bacteria also. hope it helps. Warm regards.