non-itchy upper body rash
Six month ago a non-itchy red rash appeared on my upper body, my upper back, chest and in the last few weeks on the abdomen . It is seen especially after a hot shower. I have tried several therapy options, including antihistaminic pills and anti- fungous shampoo NIZORAL (after wrong diagnosis of Pityriasis versicolor). All treatments was not useful.
I will be happy to hear your opinion about it.
Thank you,
yosi

It could be eczema, sweat dermatitis, allergic reactions or eczema.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.

Thank you for your reply. The rash does not itch, and I've already tried anti-allergic drugs, as well as steroids and recently the anti fungous treatment. I don't think that dry skin is the reason, since I have used moisturizing.
Do you have another idea?
Thank you,
Yosi

Glad to know that the post was of help to you.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination if your symptoms persist.

Regards.