non-painful lump on index finger
I have a lump on my right index finger that i just noticed within the last week.  Its between the nail and the first knuckle.  I havent noticed any pain, as of yet, and when you squeeze it it feels like just a hard lump with no liquid.  What can it possibly be?
Sounds like a wart.

From the symptoms it looks like a myxoid cyst. If the bump is painful then herpetic whitlow is to be ruled out. Myxoid cyst is a growth usually occurring on the finger. These cysts are believed to form from deteriorated tissues.
Herpetic whitlow is a painful viral infection occurring on the fingers or around the fingernails and is caused by infection with the herpes simplex virus (HSV).

I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and discuss these possibilities with him. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.