DERMATOLOGY
FORUM
non-pruritic papules on face and body
by JaneB123, Aug 17, 2013
I have been struggling for over a year with papules all over my body and face. My dermatologist says it was due to allergy but did not know what it was that was causing my skin eruptions. I have took the prescribed antihistamine and my skin symptoms have not resolved. I was also given topical corticosteroid for my face and body, but that has not helped. The papules are not itchy and are not flaky. I have been suffering from this for over a year, and the papules leave disfiguring marks. People look at me and I am very ashamed to go outside.

Please help me, it has been very difficult to deal with this and I would appreciate your guidance.
Answer:
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Aug 24, 2013
Thanks for posting your query.

Papules on face and body can be due to many conditions like acne, dermal nevi,sebaceous hyperplasia,plane warts,molluscum contagiosum,angiofibroma of the nose and benign pathologies of the skin. It would be best to get it biopsied to confirm the diagnosis.

Are the papules dark colored, black in color, crusty, weeping or pustular? Allergic reaction usually causes rashes which appear suddenly and respond well to histaminics and steroids. Treatment is diagnosis specific. Hence since the papules have been appearing for more than an year, it would be best to get it biopsied.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Wishing you good health.

Member Comments (1)