nose scab bleeding for years

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

nose scab bleeding for years

Hi i have a nose that continually bleeds for the last say 5 yrs it gets scabs inside one side of my nose right side i pick them because it gets blocked sometimes it bleeds over night and goes into my theoat if i pick it vigirously it bleeds for a bit then it stops but every day for 5 yrs its always scabbing in there so i pick it what is it ? it is,nt sore at all not really but very annoying  can u help me

This discussion is related to Scabs Inside Nose.
Have you seen a doctor? If not, go immediately to rule out skin cancer.

Nose bleed is called epistaxis. It is very common due to local inflammatory diseases, infections, and trauma. Sometimes liver disorders, sinus and nasopharyngeal abnormalities or serious causes like bleeding disorders and leukemia can also cause epistaxis. It is also important to rule out any nasal polyps or benign or malignant growths of nose. Examination from an ENT specialist is mandatory in your case.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.