odor

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

odor

I am a male, 73 years of age, and in the last few months my wife has been complaining of bad odor in my groin area. This is embarrassing for me and obviously not pleasant for her. I shower at least twice a day and drink alot of water but it doesn't seem to help..so i say HELP!
Although perspiration is basically odorless, it can take on an unpleasant smell when it comes into contact with bacteria on your skin. Most often, it's the bacterial breakdown of apocrine sweat that causes a strong odor.

Take regular baths and wear loose cotton clothes.Please avoid taking heavy fatty meal and eat nutritious, healthy food. If the smell still persists then please get yourself evaluated for fungal infection of the groin.

I hope it helps.Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.