oily and clogged pores on forehead

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

oily and clogged pores on forehead

19 Male :
I have an oily t-zone with many clogged pores and small, somewhat invisible bumps, on the middle of my forehead. Sometimes the pores enlarge making them very visible, especially if I touch and pick at my skin!
It gets very red after I do this and after I cleanse morning and night. I've stopped moisturizing, which has improved my skin somewhat (I think). Sometimes I wear foundation on my forehead to blend in post acne marks and cover redness.

My cleanser is Clean and Clear Deep Action Cream Wash and I am changing to Daily Fash Wash - Menscience because it contains BHA and aloe vera and I've heard it is great. I sometimes moisturize the rest of my face, except my forehead when it feels dry.

The oiliness is decreasing, I don't wake up with oily shiny skin. However, the bumps/clogged pores on my forehead and post acne marks (hyperpigmentation) aren't really improving. I've been using cleansers/exfoliants with salycylic acid for around 3 weeks now because I researched that it's great for men's tough and thick skin.

Should I continue this because things take time or should I change things up to eliminate clogged/open pores and fade the marks?
Older men have thicker facial skin, yes, but you are only 19 and your skin is still very young and sensitive. The biggest mistake young adults make with their acne is using too many harsh products. I made the same mistake-- trying so hard to control the oils, and using every product under the sun  (scrubs, cleansers,astringents, medicated makeup, night treatments) yet my skin was still breaking out and I couldn't figure out why. The minute I cut out all the chemicals and let me skin balance itself out on its own (which is what it was trying to do all along), it got significantly better, and I haven't had a breakout since.
Be very gentle with your skin. Moisturizing is important after cleansing to replenish what the cleanser stripped away, but be sure it is oil-free. Stop exfoliating for a while. This was my biggest offender. Wash again at night before bed.
Listen to your skin and determine whether it is truly oily, or if it is just trying to hydrate itself from all the overtreating. If it feels tight when you smile or raise your eyebrows, your skin is dehydrated and needs time to adjust its pH.
Be gentle with it for a week (no picking either!) and you should notice improvement.  
It can be due to whiteheads. It is a yellowish or blackish bump or plug on the skin and is a type of acne vulgaris. It is caused by excess oils that have accumulated in the sebaceous gland's duct.

Cleanse the area thoroughly and apply a good mild exfoliating scrub on that. Apply a medicated cream or gel containing resorcinol, salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. This helps is soaking the oil and helps in peeling away the blackheads. If benzoyl peroxide leaves your skin dry, apply an oil-free moisturizer after 10 mins of applying benzoyl peroxide.

If the symptoms still persist then please consult a dermatologist and get cysts ruled out.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.