oily scalp plus hair won't grow back

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

oily scalp plus hair won't grow back

hi im 25 years of age and i have oily dandruff scalp and my hair is not growing back is this some sort of skin disease on my head?
There is no medical condition as such which causes oiliness of the hair.I would suggest you to clean your hair frequently with a mild shampoo(you can use the ones for oily hair) and don’t apply any conditioner on the hair.Also you can shampoo twice during each wash and apply shampoo on the scalp without piling the hair on top.

It makes sense to avoid the use of conditioner as it also tends to make the scalp oily. when shampooing the hair, switch from warm water to cool water after you've thoroughly rinsed away the shampoo.The cool water rinse helps close the pores of the scalp and slow down the oil production.

If the symptoms persist then get fungal infection of the scalp ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.