old scar suddenly developing fluid, pain, & inflamation(inflammatio...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

old scar suddenly developing fluid, pain, & inflamation(inflammation).

my seven year old daughter has a scar on her upper occipital bone from the monitor place on her head when i was giving birth to her. over the past five days it has developed pain to the touch as if a bruise would. it is slightly red from the inflamation (inflammation).it has also seemed to develope fluid under the scar alone as if contained only to that spot and swollen to more that four times it normal size. in the past 48 hour this size has reduced to about half and at this time the pediatrician and i are watching to see if it continues to go back to normal or not before taking measures biopsy or remove it if need be. in the meantime, i am a very concerned parent who would like some idea of what this could be and/or why it has suddenly occurred like this. please help me understand.   worride in WV.