onion juice for for baldspot or alopecia

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I m 25,male.From last few months I have noticed my hairs start thinning and baldspot or alopecia.I was searching this on internet and I got onion juice is good for re growing of hair.I wanna take feedback and ask If some tried it

Thanks in advance
Tags: baldspot
For the hair fall, causes could be due to stress, fungal infections, alopecia aereata, hormonal imbalance (overproduction of dihydrotestosterone and thyroid hormones irregularities),malnutrition, telogen effluvium and sebum plugs on skin.

Unfortunately I am not aware of onion juice promoting hair growth but different medicines are available for it which include minoxidil and finasteride. Finally one can resort to hair transplantation also.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.