oozing in groin area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

oozing in groin area

what causes an oozing condition in the groin area, substance has a stong odor.

This discussion is related to Strange, oozing underarm/groin 'rash'(?).
From the symptoms it looks like intertrigo due to fungal infection. An intertrigo usually appears red and raw-looking, and may also itch, ooze, and be sore.

Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical zinc oxide cream like Sudocrem, Desitin are very helpful(apply with a paper towel and not directly with hands). In case the symptoms persist then antifungals may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Do this,

Get a towel or any piece of cloth and keep it dry until you can go to a medical store.

There, get a couple of tablets called Fluconazole (200mg or 150mg will do)

Take one tablet.

Wait for two days, see the results, keep the infected area clean, dry and airy. Don't use any fragrant soaps or anything.

After two days, please come back here and let us know how's the progress.

If you need any more help you can add me at Yahoo: ***@****, I'm usually online all the time.
ALSO, stop eating all you are eating. Only eat a salad made with Tomatoes, Cabbage and Cucumber, thrice a day. A bowl of unflavored yoghurt should also be eaten with the salad.

Eat a garlic clove in the morning and before going to sleep.

DO NOT eat anything else until your infection has subsided.

Do report back with results.