oozing recurring lower stomach rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

oozing recurring lower stomach rash

I don't know what to call this rash. I have had 3 kids and have that flab on my lower stomach. Since about last december this rash goes and comes it is very itchy and oozes watery like fluid when I scratch it to much or when I have my jeans on and is leaning forward It oozes with that watery stuff. I have hair that grows there and I shave it off. Could that be the probelm. Help it is irritating.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This could be an irritation, dermatitis or inflamed hair follicle. Irritation may arise from rubbing of the skin to skin or to the clothes you use, or even from your soap or detergent used.  Folliculitis or inflamed hair follicle, on the other hand,  is a pimple like lesion with associated itching or pain. It usually resolve on its own and has a tendency to recur. It is important to keep the area clean and dry. Warm compress may also help. Avoid manipulating the lesion to avoid secondary infection. Try to use mild soap and detergent and to wear nonconstrictive clothing to prevent further irritation.

If it still persists, it would be best to have it evaluated by your doctor or have a referral to a dermatologist.

Take care and keep us posted.
Thank you doctor that really helped, Although how do I get rid of the dry skin and peeling now that its dryed up?

Also, I don't know what has happen to my left wrist. I have a sharp, burning pain that goes through it when I move it a certain way. What could this be? And it's just down the left side of my wrist. I was in an abusive relationship for a long time and back in 05 he broke my arm in the middle with a bat. Could this be a sign of flare up from that.

Thanks, And dont worry I am far away from him.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

I'm sorry to hear about what happened. It's good though that you are not near him. Was there an xray done at this particular wrist? Over-the-counter pain medications may help, but it would be good to have it evaluated to determine the cause. If it was broken before and was not been properly treated, this could be a flare up.

Emollients or moisturizers may help with the dry skin. Peeling indicates growth of the new skin which is a good sign. Take care and regards.
Yes, it was taken care of back then put the doctor just wrap it and I had to wear a sling  for 6 or 7 weeks. When I went back for a check-up the doctor told me it healed properly and to do some therapy on my own. Other than that I really haven't had any probelms with it. So thanks, if the pain continue with medicine I will go get it checked out.

And I have been putting triple antibotic (antibiotic) cream on my  stomach and coca butter. Hopefully that will do the trick.
I don't know the cause of your problem either but I recently developed a rash on my leg and it spread and has gone to my lower stomach area similar to yours. Very itchy red bumps everywhere and then today I washed and was cleaning some crust around my belly button and then after that I noticed it was oozing clear watery liquid from the belly button. Very strange but also the rash has spread to my scrotum and it has become very read - swollen(inflammed) and itch and also continuously oozing clear liquid.  I think this is a natural reaction of the skin in response to an inflamation (inflammation) or allergic reaction or rash.  I think our body is trying to do what it thinks is best to heal but maybe it is a malfunction of the sweat glands in those areas that is oozing water from our pores.  I don't know what it is but I haven't had any  luck finding an explanation on the internet. Maybe Rowena or some other medical expert can explain this unusual behavior of our skin in response to an itchy rash.

Thanks!
Dave
myng(dot)nospam(at)comcast(dot)net