open crack in buttcrack
For about 4 months I've had a red-purpleish line that extends the length of my buttcrack. Sometimes it will get irritatied and a small 1-inch area of the skin will crack parallel to my buttcrack. It doesn't itch, and is only mildly sore when it's cracked open. When it's cracked open it sometimes will leave very small "pen tip sized" dots of blood on the toilet paper. It doesn't ooze or blister. I'm not sure if this is just dry skin or if it's something more? I have no idea whats going on and i'm worried. Please help!
Hi, i would try Sudocrem which is a nappy rash cream also indictated for other skin complaints. The area of skin between your genitals and anus is very delicate and can easily tear easily. Before applying the Sudocrem, have a bath or shower using gentle products like E45, Oiltum or eucerin, dry yourself gently and don't share towels with anyone. Four months is a long time so if it doesn't clear up don't be embarrassed to see your doctor, they see that kind of thing everyday. I would avoid sex until you have a diagnosis. Loiloi x
You should try 'boudreaux's butt paste' these guys have been giving out free nappy rash cream samples:
the nappy cream
THis seems to be an eczema.The term eczema is broadly applied to a range of persistent skin conditions. These include dryness and recurring skin rashes which are characterized by one or more of these symptoms: redness, skin edema (swelling), itching and dryness, crusting, flaking, blistering, cracking, oozing, or bleeding.

You can get a biopsy done to reach an accurate diagnosis.Atopic eczema/ atopic dermatitis is believed to have a hereditary component, and often runs in families whose members also have hay fever and asthma. Itchy rash is particularly noticeable on face and scalp, neck, inside of elbows, behind knees, and buttocks.

Dermatitis is often treated by glucocorticoid (a corticosteroid steroid) ointments, creams or lotions. They do not cure eczema, but are highly effective in controlling or suppressing symptoms in most cases.To start with a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide) on the area.
Once the lesion has healed is better to keep the skin moisturized to preduce the recurrences.
ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema